DECIBEL ARCHITECTURE / MELBOURNE
REVIT DOCUMENTATION LEAD
- 7+ years local experience
- Understanding of design, building technology and Construction Documentation
- Self-motivated, strong communication skills and strong work ethic
- Working knowledge of the NCC framework
- Capable of producing accurate, timely documentation packages
- 3-4 years experience with Revit (Documentation)
- Proficiency in Revit is essential
- Executing and implementing dBA’s BIM standards and templates with advice from the Senior Leadership Team
- Upskilling the team on best practice in Revit
- Support project teams by creating content library files, managing and evaluating project models
- The role requires the successful candidate to be a leader in a team-playing environment.
- Provide technical delivery of ambitious, ‘out-of-the-box’ designs.
- Manage AEC software including, but not limited to, incorporating new version releases, maintaining legacy software and customising software based on dBA’s standards.
- Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit Architecture, AutoCAD and BIM.
- Provide support for Revit, CAD related issues.
- Responsible for implementation, enforcement and continuous improvement of dBA’s BIM Standard.
- Facilitate training needs of dBA’s staff.
- Conduct continuing education on Revit/BIM processes.
Decibel Architecture is an international award-winning practice led by Dylan Brady, founder of studio505, and now Conductor at dB(A). dB(A) is both an experienced and fresh, competitive, innovative practice, located in one of our own designs, the world’s highest LEED and GreenStar-rated Pixel building.
Our culture has been deeply considered, clearly articulated and constructed around our common values of Knowledge, Radicalism and Play.
The purpose of our Practice is clear, and a touchstone that all our team utilise and embed into everyday practice of their professions. Decibel Architecture has secured a wide range of projects, from chandeliers to cities, across a variety of sectors including retail, residential, urban planning, cultural, industrial, recreational, tourism and sustainable design.
The projects range from small filigree carbon fibre structures, national forest eco-resorts and multi-million-dollar cultural institutions in locations across Australia and South East Asia.
We are committed to Experimentation and Exploration in 3d printing, automation, drone technology and new ways of seeing. Decibel Architecture operates a sophisticated suite of software including Revit, AutoCAD, 3DSMax and Rhino. Dreamscape and Enscape VR and AR form a key part of our standard workflow. We use the full Adobe Creative Suite and rendering engines such as VRay, as well as gaming engine platforms such as Unreal Engine and Unity. We work with QDMS systems such as Aconex and utilise the Microsoft Office platform extensively. Familiarity with the above suites is a distinct advantage. We also use pens, paper, inhouse 3D printing and model making to explore and test our design propositions.
We have a deep commitment to process and continuous improvement, allowing the team to learn and grow together and ensure we are all able to do our best work. Salary and reward is negotiable and will be commensurate with securing the right candidate.
Guilford Bell + Grahram Fisher Architects
ARCHITECT / ARCHITECTURAL GRADUATE
Long standing firm; Guilford Bell+Graham Fisher Architects are searching for an experienced architect/graduate architect or talented documenter to join our boutique practice.
Our firm has an enviable reputation for its work in high-end, private residential projects and is also known for its friendly and relaxed office culture.
Working closely alongside the small team and principal, the successful candidate will be documenting a number of new, high-end residential projects at their various stages.
This unique opportunity will see you contributing to these projects from beginning to end, working with terrific clients. The position will appeal to those looking for ongoing mentor-ship and increased responsibility across all project phases including contract administration.
If applying as an architect, the ideal person will have at least 4 years post graduate locally based experience with an emphasis on residential projects, and if a drafts-person, a similar 4-5 years local residential experience with a proven awareness/eye for detail and genuine talent for design.
The ideal candidate must possess;
4+ yrs local experience (as outlined above)
Proficiency in ArchiCAD is essential as well as Adobe Creative Suite Strong documentation skills with immaculate attention to detail
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Some client face experience would be ideal
The right to work in Australia
To be considered for the role, your application should consist of; a cover letter, a CV and a portfolio all in PDF format for accessibility. Please send through to:
TESSELLATE A+D / SOUTH MELBOURNE
tessellate a+d is looking for a motivated and design focused registered architect with 5+ years local experience to join our small team in South Melbourne.
Applicants must have a passion for design and a strong background of documentation and contract admin experience to deliver highly detailed commercial projects in the leisure and tourism sector.
We are looking for a talented architect with the ability to demonstrate the following:
– the ability to work autonomously and be proactive in finding answers,
– have an intimate understanding of what is required at the various stages of a project,
– produce high-quality documentation and accurate construction detailing,
– have the ability to be well organised in setting tasks and meeting project deadlines,
– experience managing a team of consultants to develop project requirements,
– the ability to multi-task within a project and work on multiple projects in the office when required,
– have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and
– contract admin and site experience are beneficial.
If you love details and intimately understand how a building goes together, we would love to talk to you.
tessellate a+d is a small design studio, excited to be working on a number of spa and resort developments.
5+ yrs of experience
K20 ARCHITECTURE / SOUTH MELBOURNE
SENIOR PROJECT ARCHITECT
At k20 Architecture, our people are what make our buildings great.
We’re looking for a passionate Senior Architect to join our inspiring team, to work on a range of education, community, sports and healthcare projects.
- Client liaison and relationship management
- Manage team of Architects and Graduates
- Assistance to Manager in key stream of practice
- Manage projects from start to finish
- Understand, drive and mentor junior staff members
The successful candidate will be involved in all stages of design and documentation and be involved in making wonderful additions to our built urban environment.
Minimum 6 years as Project Architect and 2 years as Registered Architect
IN-SITU DESIGN OFFICE / SOUTH YARRA
In-Situ Design Office are a young practice with a focus on bespoke residential architecture and interior design. We specialise in considered and highly refined outcomes which respond to the unique context of their site and brief.
Working predominantly across sites in Melbourne, wider Victoria and New Zealand, we enjoy the challenges of working on both rural and inner city properties.
We are looking for a graduate architect who is keen to push their skillset and gain valuable experience with an emerging practice across a number of projects with involvement from Sketch Design through to Construction.
A keen interest in design-driven Architecture and Interior design is essential - as is an ability to take responsibility and work to deadlines.
Must Have Skills:
- Strong Proficiency in REVIT and Adobe software
- Exceptional design sensibility and an eye for detail (as demonstrated in your portfolio)
- A strong history of experience liaising with consultants, contractors and clients
- Self-motivated with desire to take on responsibility
- Demonstrated initiative and proactive approach to daily tasks
We pride ourselves on our flexible working culture as a practice and the role has opportunity for travel and work in different locations.
We are looking for a likeminded person to join our team and grow with us as our project and client base continues to expand.
1-2 yrs of experience
PICCOLO ARCHITECTURE / CREMORNE
Piccolo Architecture is a boutique design office based in Cremorne focussing on high end residential architecture and interior design.
We are looking to grow our small team of design focussed architects with an experienced Project Architect.
We offer a friendly and close-knit studio environment with the opportunity to work on a number of exciting single and multi-residential projects.
The ideal applicant will be highly organised, able to work in a collaborative environment and motivated to deliver highly detailed and well resolved projects.
5+ yrs of experience
Autocad 2D (primary), Sketchup (primary) and a proficiency in Revit is looked upon favourably